- The system is 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons.
- All characters begin at 1st level.
- Assign attributes using Method 2: Customizing Scores (PHB p17).
* If your score is 8, you can pay 1 to make it 9 or 2 to make it 10. You must buy your score up to 10 before you can improve it further.
- Any class from PHB or PHB2. It is probably a good idea to keep in mind the four character roles (Controller, Defender, Leader & Striker) and to discuss your choices with the other players. It is recommended that each of these roles is represented.
- Choose any race from the PHB or PHB2 however, keep in mind the more exotic races are quite rare and may cause people to react differently.
- Choose any non-evil alignment.
Group Background options
- Adventurers Inc
- You have formed an adventuring company. Registered and Bonded in Fallcrest, Nentir Vale.
- Quest: Ruins of an Empire
- Followers of the Faith
- You are all members of the same religious order
- Quest: Ominous Signs
- You are all part of the local militia
- Quest: Missing Mentor
- What are the character’s goals? Please list at least two goals your character has.
- These can be things as powerful as “I want to avenge my parents, who were killed by a rival clan” or as seemingly undramatic as “I want to prove to my older brother, and myself, that I can make a difference in the world“ or something that highlights a character flaw or tries to improve a reputation, like “I want to try and stop drinking and do a major good deed every month“
- What is your character’s biggest regret? ##(this should be something that they had the ability to affect and they chose not to, not something that they had no control over).
- What is the main driving force for the character?
- i.e. What is the main thing that the character likes to do? Do they like to fight? Do they like dramatic conflict in PC-NPC interactions? Do they just like to hoard stuff and have the most fun when they are gathering the loot after the battle is over?